Saturday, February 17, 2018

Teaching Art and Caricature in Cambodia

With his second winter as guest professor Albert Tarragó consolidates a Caricature workshop at the applied arts school of Battambang in Cambodia.


    As a drawing professional with more than 30 years of experience I felt the time had come to share my knowledge with new generations of artists in the same way someone shared with me in my beginnings.
Drawing tribute to "... his first day drawing in public"

   Since last February 2017 during
Barcelona's winter seasons ​​the applied arts school "Phare" Ponleu Selpak from Battambang in Cambodia offers me the chance to hold a caricature workshop for their art students, as well as other of figurative painting for students and teachers.
   From here I want to express my gratitude to all of them for their interest, and my hope that with time they can perceive the portrait and the caricature as a professional outlet for their immense creativity.
I also want to thanks all I learn from them since without any doubt it's as much or even more than they learn from me

No comments:

Post a Comment